Here at Oxhey First School the children are at the centre of everything we do. We aim to provide a school and an exciting curriculum that is accessible to all. Here children, parents, the wider community, staff and governors work closely together to ensure that we achieve this.
Our school structure is organised to maximise the opportunity to meet the needs of the learner.
- Little Ladybirds- a part-time Nursery class for children aged 3+
- Sparkly Spiders- a mixed Nursery/Reception class Age 3 and 4+
- Dazzling Dragonflies- a mixed Nursery/Reception class Age 3 and 4+
Key Stage One
- Amazing Alligators - a mixed year 1 & 2 class Age 5 and 6+
- Terrific Turtles- a mixed year 1 & 2 class Age 5 and 6+
- Perfect Pandas -a mixed year 1 & 2 class Age 5 and 6+
Key Stage Two
- Marvellous Meerkats- a mixed year 3 & 4 class age 7 & 8
- Fabulous Foxes- a mixed year 3 & 4 class age 7 & 8
- Outstanding Owls- a mixed year 3 & 4 class age 7 & 8
Parents are encouraged to engage with school through activity mornings, workshops, school events, concerts and parent’s Forum and the PTFA. Every day counts…Every minute matters, is a maxim that we hold dear at Oxhey. We support children’s acquisition of basic skills as you can see from the Quality Mark plaques in the foyer. In addition, we work closely within the Biddulph Trust of schools, whose overall aim is to improve the learning of all children in the town.
It is a privilege to be head teacher at a school where teams combine to produce an active and exciting place to be, where everyone has the opportunity to make things even better.